Are you planning a visit to the Scandinavian city Kristiansand in Norway, and searching some tips of what to see and do? Here we have put together some suggestions for how to spend one day in the city. Kristiansand has plenty to offer and popular attractions to visit. You can for example stroll in the old town, visit the famous zoo, enjoy a swim in the North Sea or have a bus sightseeing tour.
Tips of things to do in Kristiansand – top 3 places to visit
There's a lot of things to see and do in Kristiansand. Here are three of the most popular places to visit during your stay.
- Kristiansand Zoo, which is the largest zoo in Norway.
- Posebyen which is the old town located in the city center. Posebyen consist of large white wooden houses, intact from a big fire that happened in 1892.
- Bystranda beach in the city centre is a blue flag beach, very popular among locals.
Enjoy a bus sightseeing tour in Kristiansand
One of the best ways to see and discover a city is with one of the famous Hop On- Hop Off double decker buses. In 2023 it will be possible to experience Kristiansand just like that. Enjoy a bus sightseeing tour from the top floor with panoramic views. The bus route has several stops including the city highlights and the cruise terminal. Get more information and buy tickets here.
This tour is the excellent choice for guests visiting Kristiansand with a cruise ship.
Visit the top attractions in Kristiansand
Stromma Hop On-Hop Off buses stops at the most popular sights and must-sees in the city:
- Kristiansand Zoo
- Sørlandssenteret shopping center – a famous shopping center
- Christianholms Fortress – historic fortress built to defend Kristiansand
- Gimle Farm
A little extra – if you want to treat yourself
If you want to spoil yourself with high class food and picturesque surroundings, Boen Farm is well worth a visit. This idyllic place, located about 15 minutes outside of the city, is the perfect getaway for a luxurious weekend and relaxation. They are also famous for their salmon fishing, which makes it extra popular to visit in the fall. You can get to Boen by car or bus.