Are you planning to visit Bergen in Norway and have one day to spend in this beautiful coast town? Here we give you our best tips of how to discover as much as possible in just a few hours. What are the best tourist attractions to visit? And what kind of sightseeing tour is the best one? And most of all, what is the must-see in this lovely Scandinavian city along the Norwegian fjords? Read our tips of things to do and get inspired!
One hour bus sightseeing tour
Sit down, relax and enjoy one-hour tour with Stromma hop on hop off buses. The bus route has 13 stops including the cruise terminals and the top attractions of Bergen. Onboard you have free wi-fi and the tour is audio guided in eight different languages. The ticket is valid for 24 hours. You get the full overview, and you can hop on and off on each stop and discover the city in your own pace.
Visit the top attractions in Bergen
Stromma hop on hop off buses stops at the most popular sights and must-sees in the city:
- Mount Floyen Funicular - the best view
- The National Stage - one of the oldest theatres in Norway
- Fish Market - located at the harbour
- Bergen Aquarium - Norway's largest aquarium
- Stroll along Bryggen - shops, museums, and cafés
Tips of things to do in Bergen - places to visit
There's a lot of things to see and do in Bergen. Here are three of the most popular places to visit during your stay.
- Visit Mount Ulriken with cable car - the highest of the seven mountains in the area.
- Take the historic ferry Beffen from city centre to the Norwegian Fishery Museum and discover the streets of old wooden warehouses surrounded by canals.
- Visit Norway's most famous composer Edvard Griegs home Troldhaugen, where you can explore his home and listen to his music from famous artists.
Enjoy a hiking tour with the best view of Bergen
Do you want to experience the perfect view over Bergen? Put on your hiking shoes and enjoy what the city has to offer. Take the cable car to Mount Ulriken or Mount Floyen and walk your way down to the city. Stromma Hop On - Hop Off buses stops at the Mount Floyen Funicular station. Efficient walking time from Mount Floyen to the city centre is about one hour.
Stroll along Bryggen in the city centre
Another option is to just take a walk in the centre of Bergen. Start at Bryggen and walk towards the Fish Market to continue into the city centre where you can visit museums, have time for some shopping, or sit down to have a cup of coffee and enjoy the beautiful town. In about one hour strolling you will see the best parts of the city centre of Bergen.