Are you planning a visit to the official capital of the Netherlands? You will not be alone; the city is one of the most popular European destinations for tourists to visit, famous for its canals and bridges. So, what would be more genuine than discovering the city from a boat? Stromma´s different options for sightseeing in Amsterdam include:
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise Our one-hour canal sightseeing tour
- Pedal Boat Amsterdam With the classic pedal boats you create your own sightseeing tour
- Open Boat Tours Cruise the canals in an open electric boat
Further below you can click and learn more about our different sightseeing tours.
Boat sightseeing – a great way to discover the city
In this vibrant city there’s a story about every corner and canal house. And that’s not a surprise – Amsterdam dates from medieval times! The city was founded in the 13nth century as a small fishing village at the banks of Amstel River. Over the centuries, the city has flourished and been an important center of historical events in Europe. Stromma offers you a bunch of sightseeing options to explore the city and its squares, bridges, and even museums – to make sure we meet your wishes in the best way possible.
Amsterdam and all its hidden gems
If you want a unique view of the city, sightseeing from a boat is the way to go. This way you’re not just able to explore the city from an exceptional point of view, but also sail the enchanting canals. Which tour suits you and your company best? Depending on what tour you choose, you will see the most important sights Amsterdam has to offer, like:
- The Anne Frank House The famous house where Anne Frank and her family hid during World War 2, now a well-attended museum
- Westerkerk The largest protestant church in the Netherlands, built between 1620 and 1631
- Magere Brug – “The skinny bridge” The bridge over the river Amstel is regarded by many as the most romantic in Amsterdam – a popular site for proposals and kisses
- Rijksmuseum The national museum of the Netherlands where you find dutch art and history
Read more about our Amsterdam Canal Tours.
Day excursions from Amsterdam
Amsterdam Excursions offers a diverse range of guided tours & day trips from Amsterdam provide access to charming Dutch countryside villages and iconic landmarks such as the windmills at Zaanse Schans.