Pedal boats have been - and still are! - Amsterdam’s top attraction since 1984. No wonder in the number one cycling city of the world. On a pedal boat (also called canal bike) you easily and safely navigate through the canals at your own pace and squeeze in a little exercise while you’re at it. Discover Amsterdam from the water (also known as the best point of view for the city)!
Why you should rent a pedal boat
There are so many ways to discover the city. By a one-hour canal cruise, a bike tour or by foot. Another truly unique way to explore the Dutch capital is by pedal boat.
- You decide the pace of your entire journey – and that’s exactly what you’re looking for on a day off or a holiday, right?
- Bring your own food and beverages for a small picnic on the water whilst the 17th century canal houses are the perfect backdrop for your picture. Make sure to keep track of time, tho.
- The pedal boat is emission-free! Which makes this a really cool green alternative.
- Amsterdam as seen from the water is really beautiful. You’ll find out why the canal ring is on the UNESCO World Heritage list as soon as you start your trip.
- You’re being really active, while still sitting. It’s the best combination of a little bodily activity and a lot of sightseeing!
- Cruising down the canals on a pedal boat is straight up fun!
To welcome all families back aboard, we’d like to offer you our kid’s special! Kids enjoy a bingo aboard!
Pedal boat hire
You can rent a pedal boat from 11 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon (the last departure will be at 4 o’clock, so you’re able to cruise the canals after that, still). Closing times may vary due to weather predictions or special holidays.
Choose between pedal boating for an hour or an hour and a half. With both durations you have plenty of time to enjoy the city, but we recommend renting the canal bike for 1.5 hours if you really want to take it easy and soak in all the architecture and allure of the city you’ll find along the way.
You can rent one pedal boat with a maximum of four people 1 household per pedal boat.
If you would like to rent 3 pedal boats or more, pleas contact our sales department: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +31 20 217 0501
Location of the pedal boats
Stromma Shop Rijksmusem – Stadhouderskade 520
Stromma Shop Leidseplein - Leidse Bosje 2
Due to the immense popularity, we recommend you to book your pedal boat in advance. This way you’re ensured of a canal bike.
Check our information page about the latest regulations.
You leave a €20,- deposit when picking up the pedal boat, which you get returned once the pedal boat is brought back to the pick-up location.
Children under 12 require adult supervision.
Enjoy your pedal boat adventure in Amsterdam!