Are you in town for one day? Here you will find our top tips for things to do in Helsinki during a few hours’ visit or one day. What are the best attractions to visit in the Finnish capital? What kind of sightseeing tours are available? Helsinki is great destination to explore: here you’ll find famous landmarks, interesting museums and attractions as well as nature’s tranquility and bustling city life all easily accessible either on a Hop On-Hop Off tour or by public transportation. Read our tips of things to do and get inspired!
Enjoy a bus sightseeing tour in Helsinki
Sit down and enjoy Stromma’s one-and-a-half-hour bus tour. Relax and get the full tour or create your own sightseeing experience by hopping on and off in your own pace. The bus route has 19 stops including the top attractions and cruise terminals. Read more and book a Helsinki Hop On-Hop Off Bus sightseeing tour.
Visit the top attractions in Helsinki
Stromma’s Hop On-Hop Off buses stop at the most popular sights and must-sees in the city:
- Temppeliaukio Church – a.k.a. the Rock Church, a church built inside a rock
- Sibelius Monument – one of Helsinki's most popular statues
- Olympic Stadium - the main venue of the 1952 Summer Olympics
- Market Square - traditional market foods and treats, as well as handicrafts and souvenirs, located at the South Harbour
- Helsinki Cathedral – a cathedral by Carl Ludvig Engel rising on the northern side of the Senate Square
Discover the archipelago of Helsinki on a boat tour
Take Stromma’s 1,5-hour long cruise to see the beautiful archipelago of Helsinki. The Beautiful Canal Route sightseeing cruise has commentary in several languages. Enjoy the scenery on the large sundeck of the ship or on a rainy day sit comfortably in the café!
Explore the city highlights from the water
See Helsinki’s urban shorelines and hear stories about our city. The one-and-a-half-hour boat tour Helsinki City Highlights has commentary in several languages. Don’t forget to treat yourself with refreshments in the ship’s café!
Sightseeing tips – buy a Helsinki Card
The Helsinki Card is a great package to explore the city. The card includes public transportation, entrance to sights and museums and several sightseeing tours. Buy your Helsinki Card in advance online or from several sales points in the city!
Tips of things to do in Helsinki - places to visit
There's a lot of things to see and do in Helsinki and here are our tips for the day:
- Suomenlinna Sea Fortress - a Unesco World Heritage Site located on the coast of Helsinki
- Helsinki Zoo – Korkeasaari, one of the few zoos located on an island and one of the oldest zoos in the world
- Oodi - a library of a new era, a living and functional meeting place open for all
- SkyWheel - a 40-meter-high observation wheel
Helsinki’s Top Museums
Helsinki has many great and interesting museums. Let us introduce the top museums in the city:
- Kiasma - a museum of contemporary art and part of the Finnish National Gallery
- Design Museum - an internationally recognized national specialist museum of Finnish design
- National Museum - Finnish history from prehistoric times to the 19th century
- Amos Rex – museum’s exhibitions extend from the newest, often experimental, contemporary art to 20th-century Modernism and ancient cultures
Arriving in Helsinki any day now?
Visiting Helsinki this week? Check Stromma's all current tours & time tables on our WEEKLY INFO!
Map of top sights to visit in Helsinki